Order of Worship:
CONFIRMATION SUNDAY April 27, 2008 ( 8:30 & 10:30 A.M.)
For Pre-Service Reading: Psalm 116, Page 148 In Front Of Hymnal
Song By Sunday School Children And Choir: “Take My Life”
Directors: Mikki Aymond, Audra Wiste (Children) Cathy Augustin (Choir)
Piano: Heather Schierenbeck, Violin: Sarah Walters; Chimes: Day Schoolers
1. (Choir) Take my life that I may be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days, Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing Always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be Filled with messages for Thee.
(Children) Brothers and sisters, by God’s mercies, give yourselves a living sacrifice to God.
4. (Choir) Take my silver and my gold, Not a mite would I withhold. Holy, acceptable to God. This is worship… Take my heart, it is Thine own; It shall be Thy royal throne.
5. (SS & Choir) Take my love, my Lord, I pour At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself and I will be Only, ever all for Thee.
Holy…. Take my life… worship.
Opening Hymn: “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”
The Invocation And Opening Prayer
(8:30) A “Bible Passage” Examination Summary
(10:30) The Examination Of Our Confirmands
WHAT A DIFFERENCE A SAVIOR MAKES!
Without Christ With Christ
Sinner – Saint
Condemned – Justified
Unbeliever – Believer
Heathen – Christian
Slave of Satan – Child Of God
Darkness – Light
Goats – Sheep
Lost – Heirs
Our Gifts Of Faith And Love For Our Savior
The Sermon …………………..…………… Deuteronomy 29: 12-13
“You stand here today in order to enter into a covenant with the Lord your God, a covenant the Lord is making with you this day, sealing with an oath – to confirm you this day as His people, and to confirm that He is your God just as He promised you.”
WHO’S CONFIRMING WHAT OR WHOM ?
1. God Is Confirming His Gospel Covenant With You
2. God Is Confirming You In your Baptismal Faith
(10:30) The Rite of Confirmation
Mary Elizabeth Bruckbauer Psalm 46: 1-3
Jacob Peter Sydow Ephesians 6: 13
The Benediction & Closing Hymn 800 – “Go, My Children”
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.