Order of Worship:
For Pre-Service Reading – Palm 61, Page 136 (Front Of Hymnal)
Song By Younger Children -“I Am Jesus’ Little Lamb” (Hymn 648)
(Director: Mikki Aymond; Accompanist: Laura Karow)
The Order of Service – The Supplement (Pages 1-4)
Scripture Reading – Is. 49 :1-7 -The Apostles Creed (Supp Page 15)
Hymn: “The Only Son From Heaven”
The Sermon ………………. Mark 9 : 30 – 37
(Text Printed On Back Of Bulletin)
SERVING THE LORD MEANS
1. Appreciating The Service The Lord’s Servant Rendered
2. Reflecting His Love In Service To Him & One Another
The “Create In Me” (Supplement, Page 6)
Hymn: “O Christ,Who Called The Twelve”
(Text For This & Last Hymn: Adapted From Words By H Stuempfle)
1. O Christ, Who taught the Twelve The Truth for ages sealed,
Whose words and works awakened faith, The ways of God revealed.
Instruct us now, we pray, By Your empow’ring Word.
True Teacher, be for all who seek Their Light, their Life, their Lord.
2. O Christ,Who sent the Twelve On roads they’d never trod,
To serve, to suffer, teach, proclaim The saving reign of God.
Send us to help where faith Reflects humility,
Where love prevails and hope sustains Both life and ministry.
3. O Christ, th’apostles’ Lord, The faithfuls’ Strength and Song,
The crucified and risen King To Whom the saints belong.
Though generations pass, Our tribute still we bring,
Our hymns a sacrifice of praise, Our lives an offering.
Our Gifts The Lord’s Kingdom
Our Prayers And Our Lord’s Benediction
Closing Hymn: “You Came To Earth, O Christ, As Lord”
(Melody: Hymn 22)
1. You came to earth, O Christ, as Lord, But pow’r You laid aside,
You lived Your years in servanthood; In lowliness You died.
2. No golden scepter but a towel You place within the hands
Of those who seek to follow You And live by Your commands.
3. You bid us bend our human pride Nor count ourselves above
The lowest place, the meanest task That waits the gift of love.
4. Lord, help us walk Your servant way Wherever love may lead
And bending low, forgetting self, Each serve the other’s need.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.