What is Sin?
– Sin is every thought, word, or deed which does not conform to the will of God, that is, anything that is done out of less than perfect love.
Galatians 3:10 – “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”
Matthew 15:19 – “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.”
Who Has Sinned?
– Everyone is born a sinner.
Genesis 8:21 – “The imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth.”
Romans 3:23 – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
What Is The Punishment For Sin?
– Death, temporal and eternal, is the punishment for sin.
Romans 6:23 – “The wages of sin is death.”
Ezekiel 18:4 – “The soul who sins shall die.”
Matthew 25:41,46 – “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, `Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. And these will go away into everlasting punishment.”
Can Anyone Save Himself From This Punishment?
– No, we cannot save ourselves.
Romans 8:7f – “The fleshly mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.”
Our Savior from Sin, Jesus Christ
Who Is Jesus Christ?
– Jesus Christ is Son of God, both true God and true Man.
Matthew 3:17 – “And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, `This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’”
First John 5:20b – “We are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.”
Luke 1:30f – “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest.”
What Has He Done For Sinners?
– Through His death and resurrection Christ redeemed every human being, whether now dead, living, or yet to live. In Him we have forgiveness of sins and peace between God and sinners.
John 1:29 – “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”
Ephesians 5:2 – “Christ also loved us and gave Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.”
First John 1:7 – “The blood of Jesus Christ, [God’s] Son, cleanses us from all sin.”
Romans 4:25 – “[Christ] was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised again because of our justification.”