He's Risen, He's Risen
By: C. Ferdinand Walther
1. He's risen, he's risen, Christ Jesus, the Lord;
Death's prison he opened, incarnate, true Word.
Break forth, hosts of heaven, in jubilant song
While earth, sea, and mountain the praises prolong.
2. The foe was triumphant when on Calvary
The Lord of creation was nailed to the tree.
In Satan's domain his hosts shouted and jeered,
For Jesus was slain, whom the evil ones feared.
3. But short was their triumph, the Savior arose,
And death, hell, and Satan he vanquished, his foes;
The conquering Lord lifts his banner on high.
He lives, yes, he lives, and will nevermore die.
4. Oh, where is your sting, death? We fear you no more;
Christ rose, and now open is fair Eden's door.
For all our transgressions his blood does atone;
Redeemed and forgiven, we now are his own.
5. Then sing your hosannas and raise your glad voice;
Proclaim the blest tidings that all may rejoice.
Laud, honor, and praise to the Lamb that was slain;
In glory he reigns, yes, and ever shall reign.
Hymn # 138 from Lutheran Worship
Author: C. Ferdinand Walther
1st Published in: 1890