Pre-Service Reading – Psalm 119 (I-IV), Page 149 In Front Of Hymnal
The Invocation And Opening Confessional Prayer
The Scripture Readings – “The Scriptures Are……” (Reader: Mr. Matthew Thurow)
……. The Inspired Work Of The Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21)
…….. Not Vulnerable To Defect, Defiance Or Destruction (John 10:35b)
…….. Will Endure Through Time and Eternity (Mark 13:32)
……… Absolutely True And Trustworthy (John 17:17)
…….. To Be Received By Us As The Word Of God (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
…….. A Mighty Testimony To The Christ (John 5:39)
……… Given To Lead Us To Faith And Eternal Life (John 20:31)
……… Able To Convert And Enlighten the Human Soul (Psalm 19:7)
……… To be Our Wonderful Guide In Christian Life (Psalm 119:105)
…….. To Be Studied And Followed In Our Daily Lives (Joshua 1:8)
Sing Hymn TLH 53 (V 2-4): Abide, O Dearest Jesus
Abide, O dear Redeemer, Among us, with Thy Word
And thus now and hereafter True peace and joy afford.
Abide with heavenly brightness Among us, precious Light;
Thy Truth direct and keep us From error’s gloomy night.
Abide with richest blessings Among us, bounteous Lord;
Let us in grace and wisdom Grow daily through Thy Word.
The Bible Believer’s Creed
I believe that all the books of Holy Scripture,although written by men, are inspired by God the Holy Spirit and are of divine origin. I believe that they are the verbally-inspired Word of the living God with divine authority. I believe that, since all portions of Holy Scripture are God’s inspired Word, they contain no errors or contradictions and are in all their parts absolute, infallible Truth.
I believe that God has given me His Word to reveal to me both Law and Gospel – both the reality, guilt and deserved punishment for my sin as well as His grace and mercy found in His marvelous plan of redemption for all lost sinners. The Bible is the story of His Gospel promises and fulfillment found in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And I believe that the great spiritual and eternal life-needs of all people are met by Christ through His mighty Gospel. God’s Word will not return empty, but ever accomplish the purpose for which it was given. For the Gospel is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. In faith, I will trust My Father’s Word – love it, rejoice in it, give thanks for it, seek to live by it, defend it and proclaim it as God gives me strength and opportunity.
The Sermon …………………………………………………………. 2 Timothy 3: 14 – 17
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you have learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures,which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
CONTINUE IN THE SCRIPTURES
1. For They Are The Inspired Foundation Of Your Faith
2. For They Alone Are A Useful Guide For Christian Life
Hymn: “O Wondrous Word” (Sung To Melody Of Hymn 49)
(Lyrics Written By Professor John Pfeiffer)
1. O wondrous Word: When first it fell Upon my infant ears, It stilled my heart, wiped out my sins, And quieted my fears.
2. O wondrous Word: It spoke to me As I through childhood grew. It gave me wisdom, taught me Truth, And did my faith renew.
3. O wondrous Word:It showed me Christ And taught me of the Love, Which caused the Father to send down His own Son from above.
4. O wondrous Word: It teaches all That man should e’er profess; It gives reproof, corrects the wrong, Instructs in righteousness.
5. O wondrous Word: give ear and keep Its Truth, O child of God. So shall you have all that you need To walk where Jesus trod.
6. O wondrous Word: break forth and sing All glory to the Lord, Who spoke to holy men that we Might have the glorious Word.
The Installation Of The Sunday School Staff
Our Gifts Of Faith For The Lord’s Work
The Catechism: A Gift For Our Faith
Hymn: “Lord, Help Us Ever To Retain”
1. Lord, help us ever to retain The Catechism’s doctrine plain As Luther taught the Word of Truth In simple style to tender youth.
2. Help us Thy holy Law to learn, To mourn our sin, and from it turn In faith to Thee and to Thy Son And Holy Spirit, Three In One.
The Lord’s Prayer And Benediction
The Closing Hymn 283 – “God’s Word Is Our Great Heritage”
Silent Prayer And Announcements