Click here to listen: 20080413.mp3
Order of Worship:
THIRD SUNDAY AFTER EASTER April 13, 2008 ( 8:30 & 10:30 A.M.)
For Pre-Service Reading: Psalm 62, Page 136 In Front Of Hymnal
(10:30) Choir:“Come, Proclaim The Victory”
(Director: Cathy Augustin; Accompanist: Amy Tester)
1. Come, proclaim the victory; Rejoice in one accord. Christ has won eternity; He is the living Lord. The grave is closed, forever sealed, and heaven’s power has been revealed. Now come, proclaim the victory; All people praise the Lord.
2. Come proclaim the victory, the wonder of the cross: How the Lord in agony chose death to pay sin’s cost. But now the cross in glory stands, a symbol of the Living Lamb! O come, proclaim the victory, the wonder of the cross.
3. Come and see the risen King! Now, O death, where is thy sting? Come, proclaim the Living Lamb, great I Am! All hail the King! Bring forth the royal diadem! Rejoice and sing, proclaim the King of kings, crown Him King!
4. Crown Him the Lord of Life, Who triumphed o’er the grave And rose victorious in the strife for those He came to save! His glories now we sing Who died and rose on high, Who died eternal life to bring, and lives that death may die.
Come, proclaim the victory, and crown Him Lord of Life!
Opening Hymn 209 – “Who Is This That Comes from Edom?”
The Liturgy ……………………………………… Hymnal, Page 5 – 9 (Substitute Hymn 237, V 1 For “Gloria In Excelsis” – P 7-9)
All glory be to God on high Who hath our race befriended.
To us no harm shall now come nigh; The strife at last is ended.
God showeth His good will to men And peace shall reign on earth again.
O thank Him for His goodness!
The Scripture Reading – John 21: 1 – 14
A Risen Savior Miraculously Provides & “Breakfasts” With His Disciples
The Apostles Creed
The Sermon ……………………………………….. John 21: 15 – 17
When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love (agape- highest spiritual love) Me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “You know that I love (human love) you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon, do you love (agape) Me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, You know that I love (human) You”. He said to him, “Tend My sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon, do you love (human) Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love (human) You.” Jesus said to Him, “Feed My sheep.”
“DO YOU LOVE ME?”
1. A Call To Repentance,Restoration & Renewal
2 . A Call To Care For The Lambs And Sheep
Hymn:“Lord, Help Us Walk Your Servant Way” (V 1-3, H Stuempfle – 1997; Adapted)
1. Lord,help us walk Your servant way Wherever love may lead;
And, bending low, forgetting self, Each serve the other’s need.
2. You came to earth, O Christ, as Lord, But pow’r You laid aside.
You lived Your years in servanthood; In lowliness You died.
3. You bid us bend our human pride Nor count ourselves above
The lowest place, the meanest task that waits the gift of love.
4. As Peter was redeemed, renewed, Forgiven and restored;
Repentant hearts, with love imbued, O grant us, gracious Lord.
5. To feed the lambs, the flock to tend – You shepherd all Your own;
Through pastors, teachers, parents sent – Your love in hearts is sown.
6. Lord, help us love and live for You, As us You saved in love;
Our praise and thanks we give to You, Now and in heav’n above.
Our Gifts of Faith And Love
Our Prayers And Our Lord’s Benediction
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.